I’m single, frugal, short on time, and fundamentally lazy. For dinner every night I do what I call Collage Cooking. It’s not hard. You just take things and put them together and then eat it. I was thinking I could to do a podcast but then I’d have to learn how to do video (see point number 4 above), so I’m going to take very few photos and put them at the bottom and tell you what I did. Let’s go!
Southwest Cheesy Beans and Vegetables
Collage Cooking: 6:11pm. Eating: 6:25pm*
– 1/2 cup black beans from a can, rinsed and drained
– 1 slice medium cheddar cheese
– 1 cup Green Giant Cauliflower Medley (the one with the scallions. Why should I have to buy a bunch of scallions and chop them up? I only need like a tablespoon. I’d have most of the bunch leftover and then they’d rot in the fridge and I’d be pissed)
– 1/4 cup Salsa (again, why should I have to chop up tomatoes and onions and garlic when someone already did?)
– sprinkle: Salt, Ground Cumin, Garlic Powder
Put it all in a bowl and nuke it for 75 seconds. Serve with nice glass of water and cornbread leftover from last week.
* the fourteen minutes includes me setting up the glamour shots of the food and getting/returning the ingredients from/to the fridge
all the ingredients, except the spices b/c I didn’t know what I’d use at first
should have just eaten out of the bowl but it looked so pretty
This is my cat. She eats tuna every night so it’s not really photoworthy. The food, that is.
She’s ALWAYS photoworthy